To go after what you want in life might not be as easy as you envision it beautifully inside of you.
Especially when you have big dreams, many people will try to discourage you. Know that they are discouraging you out of their own fears.
Listening to them and their negative words makes it harder for you to go after what you want in life.
For example, iconic television producer, actress, and talk show host Oprah Winfrey was born into poverty in rural Mississippi to a teenage single mother and later raised in an inner-city Milwaukee neighborhood.
She experienced considerable hardship during her childhood, saying she was molested during her childhood and became pregnant at 14.
Her prematurely born son died at infancy yet she grew up to be one of the greatest African-American of the 20th century and she is ranked one of the most influential women in the world.
Your present situation doesn’t entirely define your future. If Colonel Harland David Sanders at over 60 years old still went ahead to establish fast food chicken restaurant chain Kentucky Fried Chicken which was a huge success.
I believe the sky is your starting point, and after reading this post, you will be inspired to take action, and go after what you want.
15 “GO AFTER WHAT YOU WANT” QUOTES THAT WILL INSPIRE YOU TO TAKE ACTION
Here is a list of selected inspirational quotes that will inspire you to go after what you want.
- There is no greater thing you can do with your life and your work than follow your passions – in a way that serves the world and you.– Richard Branson
- Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.– George Herbert
- The only question to ask yourself is, how much are you willing to sacrifice to achieve this success? Larry Flynt
You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.– Zig Ziglar
- A minute’s success pays the failure of years. Robert Browning
Believe in yourself, take on your challenges, dig deep within yourself to conquer fears. Never let anyone bring you down. You got to keep going.– Chantal Sutherland
- Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm. Winston Churchill
When something is important enough, you do it even if the odds are not in your favour.– Elon Musk
- Have no fear of perfection – you’ll never reach it. Salvador Dali
- Success is my only option, failure’s not. Eminem
- The path to success is to take massive, determined action. Tony Robbins
- Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.– Mark Twain
- I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.– Michael Jordan
Nothing is impossible, the word itself says “I’m possible”!– Audrey Hepburn
- Whether you think you can or you think you can’t, you’re right.– Henry Ford
- When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.– Helen Keller
- Everything you’ve ever wanted is on the other side of fear.– George Addair
- Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.– Norman Vincent Peale
- Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.– George Whitefield
- There will be obstacles. There will be doubters. There will be mistakes. But with hard work, there are no limits.– Michael Phelps
- Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.– Thomas A. Edison
It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.– Aristotle Onassis
- Failure will never overtake me if my determination to succeed is strong enough.– Og Mandino
- The pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. The optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.– Winston Churchill
- It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.– Vince Lombardi
Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.– Confucius
- All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them. – Walt Disney
Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.– Roy T. Bennett
When you know what you want, and want it bad enough, you’ll find a way to get it.– Jim Rohn
Start by doing what’s necessary; then do what’s possible; and suddenly you are doing the impossible.– Francis of Assisi
You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.– Joel Osteen
Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.– Helen Keller
It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.– Confucius
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.– Winston Churchill
Work like there is someone working 24 hours a day to take it all away from you.– Mark Cuban
Most of the important things in the world have been accomplished by people who have kept on trying when there seemed to be no hope at all.– Dale Carnegie
It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.– Jillian Michaels
Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do.– Pele
Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve.– Napoleon Hill
Believe in yourself. You are braver than you think, more talented than you know, and capable of more than you imagine.– Roy T. Bennett
A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.– Tony Robbins
Life is not fair, get used to it!– Bill Gates
Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.– Steve Jobs
Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.–Henry David Thoreau
- The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones. – Confucius
Limitations live only in our minds. But if we use our imaginations, our possibilities become limitless.– Jamie Paolinetti
It is never too late to be what you might have been, it’s never to late to go after what you want.– George Eliot
Learn from the past, set vivid, detailed goals for the future, and live in the only moment of time over which you have any control now.– Denis Waitley
You cannot afford to live in potential for the rest of your life; at some point, you have to unleash the potential and make your move.– Eric Thomas
Most people let challenges discourage them. If you are one of them, look around you, you see those beautiful things you see are created by people who decided to go after what they want.
Stop living a limited life, go after what you want, and start living up to your true potential.
Which of these quotes do you like most?
Comment below and don’t forget to share!